Students have the opportunity to participate in band beginning in 7th grade though 12th grade. The year-long elective course teaches students how to play an instrument and read music. A variety of courses are offered depending on each student's skill level. Band concerts are held at the end of each semester.
Brad Shimizu has worked at HBA since 2006. He holds a bachelor's of arts degree from Eastern University in Pennsylvania, and a master's degree from the New England Conservatory in Massachusetts.
- Intermediate Beginning Band (Grades 7-8)
- Intermediate Advanced Band (Grade 8)
- Beginning Band (Grades 9-12)
- Concert Band 1 & 2 (Grades 9-12)
- Wind Ensemble (Grades 9-12)