Hawaii Baptist Academy administers a limited financial aid program to assist deserving students who lack the resources to meet the full cost of an education at the school. Financial aid is awarded to students on the basis of financial need, and these awards are made annually. Those who desire continuing financial aid must reapply each year.
The total amount of financial aid granted depends on the availability of funds. The maximum aid granted to each individual is about 50 percent of tuition.
HBA utilizes the services of TUITION AID/Data Services (TADS) for assessment. TADS processes the information families provide online at www.tuitionaid.com according to their established standards and procedures, and reports this back to HBA’s financial aid committee.
The financial aid committee will review a new student's application for qualification of financial assistance only after a student has been accepted for admission. All information provided is strictly confidential. Notification of financial aid decisions is mailed to applicants by April.
The application fee for all mail-in applications is $40 payable to TADS. The application fee is $34 if applying online by February 15. Late applications are considered as long as funds are available. If applying online after February 15 the application fee is $40 payable to TADS.
Incomplete applications and/or documents will delay the processing of your application.
Apply online no earlier than December 15 at www.tuitionaid.com
To request a paper application call 1-800-884-8237 or go to www.tads.com/request.
One application may be submitted for all dependent children.
When parents are separated, divorced, or never married, the assets and incomes of both natural parents are considered. Both natural parents need to apply online to TADS and submit their own supporting documents to TADS.
It is the custodial parent’s responsibility to follow up on submission of all supporting documents.
Hawaii Baptist Academy believes that divorce and remarriage do not relieve natural parents from their responsibilities for the educational expenses of their children. The committee also considers the earning potential of a non-working parent if no small children are at home. Families with children at other independent schools or in college are expected to apply for financial aid from those schools.
The financial aid committee reviews applications for financial aid after the following documents have been provided to TADS:
- Copy of signed, current federal (1040) and state income tax forms with all supporting schedules and documents
- Copy of Forms 1099 or other documents that show miscellaneous household income, non-taxable income (i.e. COLA, retirement or housing allowance)
- Copies of all corporate, partnership, trust forms if you own 20% or more interest in a corporation, partnership or trust (additional $19 TADS processing fee required)
- Copy of Wage and Tax Statements, Form W-2
- Copy of most recent Property Assessment Card(s) if real estate is owned
- Copies of two most recent pay stubs from all current employers
- Copy of most current retirement statement(s) (i.e. IRA, Roth IRA, 401K, 403B, Pension, Profit Sharing, etc) reflecting the current balance.
- If a single parent, a letter from a third party (i.e. pastor, family friend, extended relative) that can attest that the single parent does not receive outside financial help from anyone (i.e. other biological parent, relative, significant other, outside financial aid).
Send COPIES only as documents will NOT be returned. Black out any social security and account numbers on all supporting documents before mailing/faxing to TADS.
HBA strongly suggests that all documents and forms be ready to mail or fax before applying online to TADS. Documents must be mailed or faxed to TADS within one week of submitting your application online and must include the confirmation printout from your online session. All documents must have your TADS ID number.