Aug. 16: Announcement at flag
Aug. 23: Nomination forms due
Aug. 29 - Sept. 2: Student Council Campaign week
Aug. 30: Campaign Speech Video Due by 4 p.m. HST. Videos must be emailed to email@example.com
Sept. 5: Election Speeches
Sept. 6: Election Day
Sept. 7: Election results announced
- All candidates must be nominated by their homeroom teacher and three other supporters. The supporters need to be HBA voters from 5th or 6th grade.
- Each candidate must also have the support of at least one parent/guardian.
- Click here to download a nomination form.
- All candidates must turn in a completed nomination form by August 23. Failure to meet the deadline will result in disqualification.
- Students may not run for office if they are on academic or behavioral probation.
- Homeroom teachers may disallow students to run for office if they have broken rules according to the HBA Handbook. This decision will be made at the discretion of the teacher and vice principal.
- Campaign Week: Aug. 29 - Sept. 2
- All candidates are allowed to post no more than 2 flyers/posters. The maximum size allowed is 18” x 24”.
- All flyers/posters may be posted in the cafe, pavilion, or in the main building using blue tape only.
- Candidates are not allowed to give out handouts of any kind (candy, gifts, notes, etc).
- Candidates running for the offices of President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer will make a 30 second campaign video of themselves detailing why they are the best fit for their office.
- Candidates for the office of Chaplain will need to share a favorite verse and explain why it means so much to them. They are not to promote themselves in any other way. The time limit for this video is 30 seconds.
- Feel free to be creative with your speeches! If you will be using music, props, or dressing up in a costume, etc. please let Mrs. Lee know so she can approve it in advance. If your video is deemed inappropriate, you will be asked to re-do your video.
- All videos must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30 at 4 p.m. HST. Participants who are unable to meet this deadline will not have their videos shown on speech day, but their name will be listed on the ballot.